Senior Principal Scientist / Manager, Analytical Chemistry
Has leading responsibility for key activities in the Analytical Chemistry department. Supervise and training for analytical chemistry personnel. Responsible for implementing department growth strategy. Build and maintain technologies necessary to serve Analytical Chemistry clientele. Has responsibility for department compliance with applicable regulatory guidance documents and QA policies and directives. Responsible for interfacing with clients regarding technical issues and building external scientific and client relationships. Provide overall technical expertise to the department. Help establish pharmaceutical client base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct routine and advanced analytical chemistry testing utilizing instrumentation such as LC-MS, HPLC, GC
- Develop or supervise development of experimental designs
- Prepare, review and approve GMP and GLP protocols and reports
- Provide scientific expertise for the interpretation and evaluation of results generated in the Analytical Chemistry department
- Review data generated by other Analytical Chemistry personnel
- Develop, validate, and document analytical methods as needed
- Interface with clients as needed
- Supervise technical personnel and delegate responsibilities.
- Interface with clients as needed –building client base
- Evaluate equipment and resource requirements
- Develop and write work instructions
- Identify problems with routine processes as well as those outside of standard company training
- Identify opportunities to improve work flow in lab and troubleshoot problems
- Provide and implement solutions to problems encountered
- Initiate and implement preventative and corrective actions
- Requisition and approve purchase of raw materials and supplies
- All other tasks as assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry or a related science.
Expertise and experience required
- Five years plus general analytical chemistry knowledge and experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong expertise and experience with instrumental Spectroscopy and other analytical techniques including, method development, and structure elucidation.
Facile with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email programs (Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes), and programs specific to the lab instrumentation. Able to perform statistical calculations.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures. Ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions. Ability to interpret results and communications in writing, utilizing appropriate scientific terminology.
Math skills required with ability to understand and manipulate simple to complex equations including exponential and logarithmic functions. Must know basic statistical analysis.
Technical problem solving including evaluation of results, instrument troubleshooting, comparisons of data.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk, use hands to manipulate objects or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. He employee may occasionally be required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Combination of office and laboratory settings with the potential for occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and biological hazards. Moderate noise levels exist. Some industrial setting (e.g., contract sterilization).
iuvo Bioscience is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.