Iuvo Bioscience has a current opening for a Staff Toxicologist to work primarily in the consulting area focused on medical device and pharmaceutical development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review data and identify issues
- Assess quality of studies against ISO standards
- Assess toxicology/biocompatibility programs against relevant standards
- Conduct literature searches, critical review of published literature, and summarize key findings
- Integrate data into safety assessment
- Prepare biological evaluation reports to support regulatory submissions
- Authorized to provide interpretations and opinions
- Potential involvement/leadership roles in different committees
- Potential client consultation, based on expertise and experience
- Potential price quotation preparation
- Regulatory review and documentation
- Other duties as assigned by Management
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- PhD in Toxicology; or PhD in biological sciences with 2-5 years toxicology experience or Master’s degree with 5-10 years toxicology experience
Expertise and experience required
- Critical thinking and evaluation of toxicology-based data
- ISO 10993 training/experience preferred
Microsoft Office suite of products - Word, Excel, Outlook
Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to understand oral and written instructions, procedures, work instructions and SOP's, as well as ability to give professional presentations in report format. Oral skills to adequately convey information to clients.
Geometry, algebra and basic statistics
Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and solve non routine problems. Recognition and reaction to problems and ability to foresee potential issues or challenges.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Must be able to effectively plan and organize. Computer skills necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
iuvo Bioscience is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.